F-22 Foam-Tac Repairs

I do a lot of construction and repair with Beacon Foam-Tac.  It's safe on all kinds of foams, doesn't have stinky fumes, dries quickly, doesn't yellow, and maintains a rubbery, resiliant quality.








I broke off the nose of my F-22 yesterday, and thought I'd document the repair. EPP foam is great for this kind of disaster.  I applied the Foam-Tac to one surface, mashed and unmashed the surfaces together, let dry for a few seconds, and made the final join.











In under an hour the joint is firm.  I think the directions say  to let it cure for 24 hours for maximum strength.  As you can see here, it's nearly impossible to see the repair line.







Here's a video of the process.  Made with my new downshooter!




◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
eXTReMe Tracker
 

Copyright 2011 Hobby-RC s is proudly powered by blogger.com